Coromant Capto® is widely used in turning centers with manual clamping via a CAM-shaft actuated clamp set. Quick changing of tools maximizes machine efficiency with an average of 25% more time for producing chips.
- CDI — Coromant Capto® Disk Interface, a new solution to replace VDI turrets with the same adaptors fit for multiple machine brands and models and CAM actuation screw inside the turret.
- CBI — Coromant Capto® ’Bolt on’ Interface is a ‘Bolt on’ solution which means it has a unique hole pattern for each machine brand and a CAM actuation screw-in bolt on unit.
Large components dictate vertical ram solutions where tool capacity has long been a major challenge. But with Coromant Capto either hydraulic automatic tool change (ATC), or dedicated manual clamping units, are now most commonly used.
High pressure coolant
In addition to the benefits of quick change, high pressure coolant of up to 80bars has developed into a widespread standard option on lathes and multi-task machines today.
CoroTurn® HP for ‘green light’ production
Coromant Capto® automatically directs the coolant to the nozzles. The precision nozzles target the correct point on the insert at a low trajectory angle, creating a hydraulic wedge between the chip and the rake face of the insert.
- Chip control – reduced stoppages
- Fixed precision nozzle — consistent process
- Increased tool life +50%
- Increased productivity +20% cutting speed
The relatively small investment to have the machine optimized for high pressure offers a very fast payback with continual delivery.